Recruiting Tips: 7 Steps to a GREAT New Hire!Sep 13, 2021
You want to hire the best for your organization, right? Of COURSE! So what’s the best way to make sure you’re doing all you can to find top talent to fill the position(s) you have available? Follow these 7 steps, and you’re well on your way!
- Clearly define the position. Whether or not your organization has written job descriptions, take time to understand what you expect from a prospective employee.
- Market the open position. Don’t just run your typical ads on Monster or Indeed... Consider this a real marketing exercise to ensure you get the best possible applicants.
- Start the screening process. In addition to the usual perusal of resumes and applications, consider an early phone screening to make sure applicants have the basic skills for the open position.
- Narrow down to the top candidates. (Tip: Be sure to ask great behaviorally-based questions. Lori’s toolkit has a great template to help you do this!)
- Check references! Verify the information your top candidate(s) provided during the application/interview process.
- Make the offer. Negotiations may need to take place, so be open to a compromise that will be a win-win for both your organization and the candidate.
- Welcome them to the team! Invite the new hire to lunch, introduce them to colleagues, and help them get acclimated to the new position!
Got any other recruiting tips or hacks? Share them with us!!
Don't miss info on our upcoming courses!
All information delivered to your inbox.
PLUS Get 3 Premium tools immediately as a signup gift!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.